Are Your Hands As Bad As Mine?
- Posted on: Feb 13 2019
It’s been freezing cold in Michigan! Is it as cold where you are?
If you’re like me, with everyone sneezing and coughing, I’ve been washing my hands constantly. This, combined with the cold and low humidity, has left my hands dry and even cracked at times. So here are some tips to survive the cold winter with more comfortable skin.
1. Moisturize within 3 minutes of getting out of the shower. Although lukewarm water won’t dry your skin out as much as hot water, with the temps a lot of us are exposed to, I can’t ask you to forego a hot shower. Instead, make sure to apply your moisturizer within a couple minutes of exiting the shower to lock in the moisture. I recently discovered this awesome body moisturizer as a gift inside my SAG Awards swag bag: Epicuren Kukui Coconut After Bath Body Moisturizer. My wife and I love how it smells and feels on our skin. Check it out on Amazon.com HERE.
2. Use an all-natural hand cream, not one made for the body. Body moisturizers aren’t meant to last multiple washings like hand moisturizers. Stick with hand creams for the hands, body creams for the body.
3. If your hands or feet are really dry, moisturize, then cover with gloves or socks overnight.My favorite for overnight use is Waxalene, an organic petroleum jelly alternative based on bees wax. It’s a bit pricey, but worth it for a natural and organic product. Check it out on Amazon.com HERE.
4. Use hand sanitizer instead of washing. Although hand sanitizer often contains alcohol, there are many that are based on organic essential oils, such as this inexpensive one on Amazon.com HERE.
5. Finally, make sure to use a humidifier at home. If you have one attached to your furnace, check that it is turned to “winter” mode so you know it’s working!
Here’s to soft, moisturized hands, feet, and legs!
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #124– Reset Your Hormones to Lose Weight Naturally and Banish Fatigue with Dr. Mariza Snyder– Are you one of the millions of women who have difficulty losing stubborn pounds? Or many you often feel fatigued even after getting a lot of rest?
If so, then the cause could be hormonal, and resetting your hormones just might be the answer that you’re looking for. But what if you don’t want to see a doctor and be put on pills?
On this episode, I’m once again joined by my good friend, Dr. Mariza Snyder. She is the author of the newly released book, The Essential Oil Hormone Solution. She’ll reveal how you can use all-natural essential oils to help you shed pounds, jump start your metabolism, reduce sugar cravings, lessen stress, and improve your energy. Which essential oils will do the trick? We have your answers on this episode.
Episode #123 – How to Reset Your Metabolism to Lose Weight and Feel Great with Dr. Alan Christianson – We’ve been taught that we have little control over our metabolism. There are those lucky ones of us who have a fast metabolism and appear to be able to eat almost anything and never gain weight. And there are the rest of us with slower metabolisms who seem to gain pounds from just looking at food.
So what can you do to change your metabolism? Is your metabolism and the speed at which you burn fuel and lose pounds determined by your genetics?
My guest this week is one of the country’s leading naturopathic endocrinologists. He believes that you CAN control your metabolism, and he has created a four week Metabolism Reset Diet that can take off the pounds and give you control over your weight and health.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News