Simple Tips to Clear Up Your Skin
- Posted on: Dec 20 2019
Do you have issues with adult acne? If so, you are not alone! I’ve compiled seven simple tips to help reduce your acne and clear up your skin.
1. Avoid Harsh Astringents – We tend to think that the solution to acne is to remove all the oil from our faces, right? Wrong! Using alcohol-based astringents may make your skin feel cleaner and less oily in the short term, but the skin can react by creating MORE oil. So avoid harsh astringents, especially if you have really oily skin.
2. Avoid Dairy – Milk and other dairy products can create inflammation in the gut, resulting in inflammation in your skin via the Gut-Skin axis. If you have adult acne, try going off dairy for a couple weeks and see if it improves.
3. Eat More Fruits and Veggies – On the flip side, fruits and vegetables are filled with anti-inflammatory antioxidants. Increase your intake of fruits and veggies and see your skin benefit from it!
4. Use Salicylic Acid Washes – Salicylic acid is oil-permeable, which means it can cut through oil to clean out pores. Most commercial acne washes contain salicylic acid for this reason.
5. Take a Zinc Supplement – Studies show that supplementation with zinc (15-30 mg of elemental zinc per day for an average adult) can improve symptoms of acne.
6. Stop Drinking Soda Pop – Soda pop is filled with sugar, which creates inflammation by causing spikes in insulin. Reduce or eliminate your soda pop consumption and your acne could improve!
7. Apply a Retinoid – Retinoids such as prescription-strength tretinoin or over-the-counter retinol can have beneficial effects on acne through many mechanisms, including exfoliation and by reducing inflammation. Many insurances cover prescription strength tretinoin and similar creams (like Differin and Tazorac) for those with significant acne issues.
I hope these simple tips help in your quest for clear and youthful skin!
Looking for a last minute gift for a loved one or yourself?
My monthly Live Beautifully Box might be just what you’re looking for! This is a box that arrives on your doorstep every month filled with holistic health and anti-aging goodies. And bonus! Each box contains a full-size YOUN Beauty or YOUN Health skin care product or nutritional supplement!
Learn more and sign up by clicking HERE!
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #168 – How to Look Flawless for the Party Season with Dr. Anthony Youn – We’ve entered the party season! Whether you’re going to a work holiday party, New Year’s celebration, or getting together with family, we all want to look our best. But not all of us has time or the foresight to do a cosmetic treatment that we have to recover from.
So on this episode, I share with you five simple at-home tips and tricks to look flawless this holiday season. These are all relatively inexpensive ways to get rid of blemishes, smooth fine lines, reduce eyelid puffiness and more. And, I give you a special tip for the hottest in-office treatment to give you an instant radiance to your skin that can last months.
It’s a fun episode filled with simple tips that I think you’ll really enjoy.
Episode #167 – Cosmetic Scams – What to Avoid and What to Do Instead with Dr. Christian Subbio – Today’s hot new cosmetic treatment is often tomorrow’s abandoned option. There are so many trending treatments that come and go in cosmetic medicine, it’s hard for consumers and patients to know what is best for them.
On this episode I’m joined by one of the country’s most outspoken and reputable plastic surgeons. He’s going to give us what he considers to be the five worst cosmetic treatments and explain why these trendy options being sold by thousands of doctors around the country just don’t cut it. And I’ll give you a quick hint: he and I don’t necessarily agree on all of them. He will also give us the two treatment options that he swears by as being worth your money.
Tagged with: acne, Acne Solutions, Clear Skin, detroit, Dr. Anthony Youn, dr. youn, Holistic Health, Live Bea, Live Beautifully Box, Michigan, plastic surgeon, plastic surgery, Podcast, skin care, Zinc Supplement
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News