12 Ridiculous Plastic Surgeries?
- Posted on: Jul 4 2010
- Creation of dimples – This is being done, just not be me or most plastic surgeons.
- Chin cleft surgery – same as #1. Michael Jackson reportedly had this done.
- Abdominal etching (liposuctioning fat to make it look like a six-pack) – This is being done by a handful of surgeons. My concern is, will that six-pack turn into a party ball in 15 years?
- Eyebrow and eyelash transplants – unusual procedure. The only doctor I know of who does this is my friend Dr. Alan Bauman in Florida.
- Toe shortening – Is this really necessary? Only if someone has a foot fetish, I guess.
- Cankle liposuction – I will rarely perform this procedure. It has a higher complication rate compared to liposuction of other areas, but can really help those with severe cankles.
- Toddler teeth whitening – Anyone who does this to their kid should be visited by social services… or at least by Supernanny.
- Collagen feet fillers – This is being done, especially before Red Carpet appearances, although Restylane is now the injection of choice. I spoke about it on the CBS Early Show. See a clip of it here.
- Pubic hair transplants – Seriously?? Yuck!
- Belly button surgery – Otherwise known as umbilical hernia repair. I do this all the time during tummy tucks. I turn an ‘outie’ into an ‘innie.’
- Iris implants – Sounds pretty ridiculous. Only about 250 people have undergone this procedure worldwide, as a way of giving a different eye color. I prefer colored contacts over taking a knife to my eyeball!
- Gummy bear breast implants – These are not crazy or ridiculous at all, as they are being widely used in other countries. These firm, form-stable implants are not FDA-approved yet, and my inside sources tell me that it may be a long, long time before we are using them routinely. Click here to see a segment of the CBS Early Show where I discuss them.
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
Tagged with: ridiculous plastic surgery
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News