The Decade’s Top 10 Plastic Surgery Stories
- Posted on: Jan 29 2010
Plastic Surgery News, the official newsletter of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, has released their Top 10 Plastic Surgery Stories of the Decade. Here they are:
1. Face Transplantation Becomes a Reality
2. Silicone Implants Return
3. Plastic Surgery and Reality TV
4. Botox Launches Minimally Invasive Trend
5. The Next Generation of Soft Tissue Fillers Arrive
6. High Profile Deaths Raise Patient Safety Awareness
7. Plastic Surgery Goes to Washington
8. Post-Bariatric Boom
9. Increase in Office-Based Surgery
10. Medical Tourism
In general I would agree with all of these. The field of plastic surgery has changed immensely in the past 10 years. I look forward to seeing how plastic surgery will be different in 2020!
By the way, I would add #11: Dr. Youn’s popular Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery blog debuts. 😉
Thanks for reading.
Michigan-based Plastic Surgeon
Anthony Youn, M.D.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News