Five Great In-Office Treatments…And Two To Avoid
- Posted on: Oct 18 2017
At YPS we offer a plethora of cosmetic anti-aging treatments, each one hand-chosen by me based on its efficacy. But we can’t offer every single effective treatment available throughout the U.S. So here is a list of five great in-office treatments to consider…and two bad ones to avoid. I’ve placed an asterisk next to the ones we offer at YPS.
Five Great In-Office Treatments:
1. *Microneedling with Growth Factors – This is one of the most popular anti-aging treatments today. Microneedling creates tiny punctures in the skin which act as channels for growth factor to penetrate deep into the skin to rejuvenate it. This treatment can aid skin tone and texture, fine lines, and even mild acne scarring. Downtime is only 24-48 hours.
2. Hydrafacial – This trending treatment involves three steps and takes thirty minutes. It cleanses, exfoliates, and infuses the skin with a wide variety of moisturizers, anti-oxidants, and growth factors. If you have dry and tired-looking skin, then this 30 minute treatment can create an immediate glow.
3. *Crystal-Free Microdermabrasion – Traditional microdermabrasion sprays aluminum oxide crystals at your skin to exfoliate it. Although the crystals are immediately sucked back up by the instrument, there are some concerns regarding aluminum toxicity. The newest kind of microdermabrasion involves no crystals at all, but a stainless steel exfoliating tip. It’s great for maintaining clean, smooth skin!
4. Cellfina – Cellulite affects over 90% of women. This minimally invasive, FDA-cleared treatment (it does involve minor surgery) has results that last over three years, the longest of any cellulite treatment today.
5. *Kybella – Do you have a double chin that you want to get rid of? This injectable treatment is very effective at reducing double chin fat without any downtime. It can take 2-4 treatments, but the results are permanent.
Two Bad Ones to Avoid
1. Low Light Laser Treatments for Fat Loss – These ‘cold’ lasers were the first ones touted for non-invasive fat loss. Although I believe they work, the results are unpredictable. With so many better ones out there (Sculpsure, Coolsculpting), why bother with these?
2. Thread Lifts – They’re back! Twelve years ago thread lifts became popular as a minimally-invasive facelift. Doctors used barbed sutures to attempt to lift the face. The problem? Results would last at most a year, but complications from the threads would emerge months, or even years, later. Now some doctors are resurrecting the procedure. Ugh.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News