How To Get Rid of Stubborn Fat Without Surgery, Really!
- Posted on: Jun 28 2017
Summer is in full swing, which means we are all wearing less clothing! To commemorate swimsuit season, I’d love to reveal to you the best options for getting rid of stubborn fat pockets without surgery. Here they are and what I think about them.
1. Coolsculpting – Coolsculpting works by the principle that our fat is less resilient than the skin overlying it. Therefore, this device freezes the skin and fat, causing the fat cells to die but leaving the skin cells intact. Coolsculpting takes about an hour, and can reduce the fat thickness in the treated area by about 20-25%. This can be used on all parts of the body.
2. SculpSure – This is the device that I purchased a few weeks ago. SculpSure is the only FDA cleared laser treatment that dissolves fat. The treatment takes only 25 minutes and is well-tolerated. Studies show you can see a 24% reduction in the thickness of fat after one treatment, although we are recommending two treatments for maximal effect. Unlike Coolsculpting, up to four areas can be treated at one time. We are currently charging $1250 per treatment (up to four areas). If you are interested in having SculpSure and want to learn more, click HERE to watch a streaming video I created that goes over the procedure in depth. We’re requiring anyone interested in SculpSure to watch the video prior to scheduling a consultation.
3. Ultrashape Power – Studies show this device can reduce fat by up to 32%. Pretty impressive, but 3-4 treatments are necessary to achieve this.
4. Vanquish -This no-touch device makes you look like a hamburger under a heat lamp at McDonald’s. It uses radiofrequency to heat and kill the fat of your torso or thighs. Vanquish takes 45 minutes and requires four weekly sessions. It’s not my first choice, but studies show it can take two inches or more off your torso. Not bad!
5. Liposonix – Like Ultrashape Power, this device uses ultrasound to blast away fat cells. Although scientifically proven to work, I don’t think its results are as impressive as the ones above.
6. Zerona and other low light laser treatments – I’m not a big fan of these. I think they work, but my experience with Zerona was pretty inconsistent.
Overall, I don’t think you can go wrong with Coolsculpting or SculpSure if you want to reduce small areas of stubborn fat without surgery. I like SculpSure more because the treatment time is shorter and more areas can be treated at once. Ultrashape Power and Vanquish are reasonable alternatives. I would recommend against spending your money on Liposonix or Zerona.
I underwent a Sculpsure treatment to my abdomen last week. We filmed the procedure and posted it on my daily Facebook video for June 20th. Check it at www.facebook.com/dryoun if you’d like to see it!
We are posting daily videos on my Facebook and Instagram pages, where I bring you inside the office and operating room with me. Please join the fun at www.facebook.com/dryoun or www.instagram.com/tonyyounmd.
I hope these simple tips have been helpful for you!
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News