10 Cosmetic Procedures to Avoid – From ABC News
- Posted on: Apr 20 2008
- Mesotherapy and Lipodissolve – Avoid. See posts here
- Cosmetic Foot Surgery – No Comment
- Permanent Filler Injections – Avoid. See post here.
- Injection for Breast Augmentation – Avoid. See post here.
- Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Surgery – Avoid!
- Buttock Implants – I like using fat instead to augment the buttocks, but don’t have a lot of experience with the buttock implants themselves.
- Permanent Makeup – No Comment
- Extreme Facial Procedures – I am not sure what they mean by this. CO2 laser resurfacing is still common, and although I do not do this procedure due to its prolonged recovery, is still considered mainstream.
- Augmentation Mastopexy (Breast Lift with Implants) – I do this procedure quite often, but am always very aware of the high complexity of this surgery. In the right hands and with the right patient counseling, it can be a very effective and safe surgery.
- Any Procedure by Untrained Hands – I cannot agree more. There are too many fake plastic surgeons out there victimizing unsuspecting patients. Check out this link about how to find a (real) plastic surgeon.
Thanks for reading.
Anthony Youn, M.D.
Tagged with: cosmetic procedures to avoid
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News