These 5 “healthy” foods are surprisingly bad!
- Posted on: Jan 31 2022
We all want to eat healthier, right? Unfortunately, sometimes we’re fooled into thinking that the foods we eat are actually good for us when they aren’t. With this in mind, I’ve compiled a list of five “healthy” foods that are surprisingly bad for us!
1. Baked Beans – In general, beans are nutritious. They contain good amounts of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. But baked beans (especially from a jar) can contain large amounts of added sugar, syrup, and processed meats like hot dogs, bacon, and salted pork. Instead, switch to regular beans and soak them overnight to make them easier to digest.
2. Banana Chips – These taste great, but are often deep fried, adding unnecessary saturated fat into your diet. Instead, stick with regular bananas to get their large amounts of fiber and potassium. Other dried fruits are often loaded with added sugar, too, so it’s best to eat them fresh.
3. Carbonated Water – LaCroix and similar carbonated water drinks have become super popular with my neighborhood moms and dads. Although carbonated water isn’t bad for you, the carbonation can cause bloating. To avoid this, I recommend sticking with non-carbonated beverages like filtered still water.
4. Packaged Tea Drinks – These may be a reasonable alternative to soda pop, since tea contains healthy antioxidants. However, bottled iced tea often contains added sugar (or high fructose corn syrup) and preservatives. If you like your iced tea, it’s best to steep it at home and allow it to cool in the refrigerator. That way you only get the good stuff!
5. Soy Milk – This has been touted as a more healthy alternative to regular milk. Unfortunately, it isn’t. Ninety percent of soy is GMO and may be sprayed by the herbicide glyphosate, which is a known carcinogen. In addition, the phytoestrogens in soy may predispose to hormone issues, including man boobs. I recommend almond milk or oat milk without added sugar as a better option.
Are you subscribed to my YouTube channel? If not, you’re missing out! I upload videos every week and make community posts every single day! Make sure to SUBSCRIBE!
Do this instead of that!
These skin care ingredients, products, and treatments should be avoided at all costs! Instead, I’ll give you safer and more effective options that work!
Check out the full video HERE!
Tagged with: Soy Milk
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News