Woman Dies After Injecting Her Face With Hot Beef Fat

  • Posted on: Sep 14 2011
  • By:
From ABC News:
An Illinois woman who injected hot beef fat into her face died Thursday of a bacterial infection soon after she administered the homemade cosmetic surgery. Oddly, doctors say the questionable injections had nothing to do with her death, which was deemed natural by Illinois’ Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Janet Hardt, 63 of Homewood, Ill., boiled beef, extracted the fat and injected it into her face before she went to the hospital complaining that her face felt as if it was burning, according to ABC News’ Chicago affiliate WLS-TV.
The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Hardt had infections and scarring in her mouth and on her lips, but an autopsy declared her death was a result of peritonitis, an inflammation of the abdomen’s inner wall.
People are crazy! Do not do this at home. Injections of animal products into the face can at least cause severe allergic reactions and possibly more. I recently did a segment of the Rachael Ray Show where we tackled the issue of Do-It-Yourself Plastic Surgery. It’s not a good idea. It sounds like this woman had some serious mental problems.

Tagged with: , , ,

Posted in: Plastic Surgery News

Accessibility Toolbar