Advice on Lunchtime Cosmetic Procedures
- Posted on: May 19 2017
The statistics are in! Minimally-invasive procedures have become all the rage in plastic surgery today. Although I still perform a good amount of surgeries under general anesthesia (tummy tucks, facelifts, etc.), the number of non-invasive and minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures has risen to dwarf the numbers of actual surgeries performed.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), in 2016:
– The number of people who underwent Botox injections was more than double the number of people who underwent all the different varieties of cosmetic surgery combined!
– IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments were up 36%!
– The number of people undergoing injections of filler (like Juvederm and Restylane) increased 16% in one year.
So if you’re thinking of turning back the clock, you don’t have to rush into surgery. Here are Three Simple Tips To Consider If You Are A Cosmetic Surgery Newbie:
1. Start with IPL – this non-invasive, light-based treatment is great at removing dark spots and pigmentation. Plus, it’s not too expensive compared to other laser therapies.
2. Try a spritz of Botox. Nearly 5 million people each year undergo the most popular cosmetic treatment in the history of the world. Limit it to just the frown lines between your eyebrows and at the top of your nose (the ’11’ sign) to stay cautious. You can do more areas later, once you get used to it.
3. Begin a medical grade skin care regimen – Although these take time to work, long-term you will keep aging and wrinkles at bay. Start with a retinol cream, like this inexpensive one from Neutrogena, then progress from there.
If so, then I encourage you to check you the latest episode of my new podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. This week, we explore the world of Lunchtime Cosmetic Treatments with my good friend, board-certified Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Svehlak. Dr. Steve and I trained together in Hollywood back in 2003, before I left to return to Michigan. He is now one of the most popular cosmetic plastic surgeons in L.A.
In this episode he reveals the latest ways to remove fat, lift the neck, reshape the nose, and get rid of excess eyelid skin over a lunch hour. Amazing. His high profile patients are literally walking out of the office and driving themselves home afterwards.
To watch the show, which includes several of his impressive before-and-after photos, go to www.dryoun.com/video. If you prefer to listen to the audio podcast, click: www.dryoun.com/audio. Even better, SUBSCRIBE to one or both versions so you never miss the newest advice in health, beauty, and cosmetic treatments!
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News