Did You Know That Botox Can Do These Things?
- Posted on: Nov 27 2017
Botox injections are the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world. While I’m sure you know that Botox is great for smoothing wrinkles, you might not know that it can do a WHOLE lot more. Here are some other fascinating things Botox can do:
1. Narrow a wide jaw – This treatment originated in Asia and is super popular in South Korea, where my ancestors are from. Many Asians (and a lot of Caucasians) find that their jaw looks too wide due to overgrowth of the masseter muscle. This can be due to genetics, grinding teeth at night, or even by chewing a lot of gum. Botox is a great treatment to weaken the muscle and cause it to atrophy, or get smaller. This can result in a narrower looking jawline and thinner-appearing face.
2. Minimize a gummy smile – Do you show a lot of your gums when you smile? If so, then a couple small injections of Botox near your nose may be able to lower your upper lip to prevent it from rising so much and creating the gummy smile appearance.
3. Turn a frown upside down – B****y Resting Face. A lot of us (including me) suffer from a grumpy looking mouth when our faces are at rest. One simple treatment for this is injecting just a few units of Botox into the Depressor Anguli Oris (DAO) muscle to prevent the muscle from pulling the corners of your mouth down. This simple injection can really work!
4. Smooth bunny lines – These are the tiny lines at the top of your nose that appear when you squint your eyes. A little Botox can easily smooth them out.
5. Scrotox – Yes, this is a real thing. I don’t perform it, but some docs in Los Angeles are advertising Botox injections into the scrotum to make it look smoother and less wrinkly. Are guys really concerned about this?!?! I suppose they must be, but I know I’m not!
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News