Surprising Things Botox Can Do For You
- Posted on: Jun 6 2019
Botox injections are the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world. While I’m sure you know that Botox is great for smoothing wrinkles, you might not know that it can do a WHOLE lot more. Here are some other fascinating things Botox can do:
1. Narrow a wide jaw – This treatment originated in Asia and is super popular in South Korea, where my ancestors are from. Many Asians (and a lot of Caucasians) find that their jaw looks too wide due to overgrowth of the masseter muscle. This can be due to genetics, grinding teeth at night, or even by chewing a lot of gum. Botox is a great treatment to weaken the muscle and cause it to atrophy, or get smaller. This can result in a narrower looking jawline and thinner-appearing face.
2. Minimize a gummy smile – Do you show a lot of your gums when you smile? If so, then a couple small injections of Botox near your nose may be able to lower your upper lip to prevent it from rising so much and creating the gummy smile appearance.
3. Turn a frown upside down – B****y Resting Face. A lot of us (including me) suffer from a grumpy looking mouth when our faces are at rest. One simple treatment for this is injecting just a few units of Botox into the Depressor Anguli Oris (DAO) muscle to prevent the muscle from pulling the corners of your mouth down. This simple injection can really work!
4. Smooth bunny lines – These are the tiny lines at the top of your nose that appear when you squint your eyes. A little Botox can easily smooth them out.
5. Improve Your Mood – Yes, studies have shown that Botox injections can improve your mood. Is this because you’re so happy with the results? Or maybe that you can’t frown very easily? Or a combination of both? We don’t know for sure, but it is the truth!
6. Scrotox – Yes, this is a real thing. I don’t perform it, but some docs in Los Angeles are advertising Botox injections into the scrotum to make it look smoother and less wrinkly. Are guys really concerned about this?!?! I suppose they must be, but I know I’m not!
7. Allergies – The medical literature shows that when injected or swabbed inside the nose Botox can reduce the symptoms of seasonal allergies, in some cases for up to 8 weeks.
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #140– Celebrity Skin Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist with Dr. Doris Day – We all want to look as young as we feel, but only a select number of us are lucky enough to be treated by the top cosmetic doctors in the country. On this episode, I’m bringing one of the Big Apple’s most famous and popular cosmetic dermatologists to you. I am going to pick her brain to give you some of the hottest tips for turning back the clock.
We’ll reveal her top three skin care ingredients, the best nonsurgical treatments to tighten the skin of your face and neck, how to reverse thinning hair, and much more.
This encore episode was a very popular one, so I thought you’d enjoy it if you missed it the first time.
Episode #139 – Revealing the Truth About Plastic Surgery and Beauty Myths with Dr. Anthony Youn – Do collagen supplements make your skin look younger? Does fat removed by liposuction come back elsewhere? Should breast implants be switched out every ten years? If you shave your hair, does it grow back thicker?
There are so many widely held beliefs disseminated by so-called experts that it’s hard to know what’s true and what isn’t. On this episode, I’m going to test your knowledge by presenting ten plastic surgery and beauty myths and asking you whether you believe they are true or false. Then I’ll reveal the correct answer. Some of these will shock you, others you’ll find fascinating, and others you’ll (hopefully) get right on the nose.
It’s a fun and eye-opening episode that I think you’ll really enjoy.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News