The 11 Most Overrated Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Posted on: Mar 27 2013
Allure Magazine published a very interesting slideshow on the 11 most overrated cosmetic surgery procedures. Some of these procedures I’ve introduced on various programs, others I’ve cautioned against. At this time, I do not regularly perform any of these ‘overrated’ procedures. Here they are:
1. Vampire Facelift – I don’t perform this.
2. Laser Liposuction – Some doctors believe it tightens skin. Others don’t. If there is some tightening involved, it is pretty modest.
3. Stem Cell Facelift – The future of facelifts… but not the present.
4. Sculptra and Artefill for the lips – Don’t do this! Permanent lumps galore! Sculptra is great for the cheeks, though.
5. Silicone Cheek Implants – One doctor says it’s three surgeries: one to put them in, one to reposition them when they go out of place, and one to remove them altogether.
6. Ulthera – I’ve demo’d this on TV but don’t perform the procedure.
7. Fat Injections To The Breasts – I perform this procedure sparingly, only when absolutely indicated.
8. Brachioplasty – Great procedure for people with really droopy arms. Scar is too long for mild to moderate droopiness.
9. Butt Implants – I prefer using fat for enhancing the buttocks.
10. Zerona Fat Melting Laser – I believe it works, but expectations are difficult to meet. My patients lost an average of 3-4 inches when measuring four areas, and were still unhappy. It’s not like real lipo.
11. Foot Lifts – I am SO not interested in operating on feet!
To see the Allure slideshow, with accompanying doctor comments, click HERE.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News