My 2019 Holistic Plastic Surgery Predictions!
- Posted on: Dec 12 2018
It’s almost 2019, so I thought this would be a good time to gather my thoughts and give you the inside scoop on what I predict is in store for us next year! So here are my Holistic Plastic Surgery Predictions for 2019.
7. Skin care will become simpler. The mecca of overdone skin care, South Korea, is experiencing a major pushback from women who are sick and tired of being pushed into doing too many skin treatments. This backlash, called “Escape the Corset,” is growing and could have international consequences. Stay tuned!
6. Plastic surgery societies will recommend “Banning the BBL.” Fat grafting to the buttocks is by far the most dangerous cosmetic surgery being performed today. Warnings have gone out to members of all the major plastic surgery organizations to exercise caution when performing this procedure. It could be a matter of time before the operation is banned outright, to the chagrin of Kardashian fans everywhere.
5. All natural and organic skin care products will explode in popularity. If you’re reading this newsletter then you’re already ahead of the game. Who wants to slather dangerous chemicals on your skin? Just like you prefer organic over conventional food due to the risks of unnecessary chemicals, the need for “clean” skin care will become more and more apparent.
4. An injectable, long-term solution to cellulite will hit the market. Our current cellulite treatments still leave something to be desired, but there is an injectable product in the FDA pipeline that could be a game changer. Keep your eyes peeled for this one!
3. More women than ever will have their breast implants removed or downsized. Bigger isn’t necessarily better.
2. New “superficial” plumping fillers will hit the market. The new trend overseas is injecting dilute hyaluronic acid filler into the superficial skin in order to plump and moisturize it from the inside out. Currently these fillers are in the FDA pipeline, and I expect we may see one hit doctors’ offices in 2019!
1. We’ll finally see a true competitor to Botox. Botox is the most popular cosmetic treatment in the history of the world. Its last true competitor, Dysport, was FDA approved almost 10 years ago. I believe that this year we’ll see the FDA approval of Jeuveau, a new botulinum toxin for cosmetic use. I am really excited about this one, because the word on the street is really positive!
2019 is shaping up to be a really exciting year for holistic beauty treatments! Keep reading these weekly newsletters and listening to my podcast for the latest! I’ll be sure to share them with you!
If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve heard about my new senior rescue dog, Sammy (aka Num Num). Sammy is 12 years old and was given up for adoption. After spending several weeks in the rescue, my wife and I adopted him.
Sammy recently underwent surgery to remove a large bladder stone and pull some rotting teeth. As you can see in this photo, he’s still healing.
He’s such a little sweet guy, though! His favorite thing to do is cuddle on the couch. He must have a body part touching you at all times! We now have three rescue dogs, all seniors, and wouldn’t have it any other way.
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #115– International Cosmetic Medicine Trends and What’s In Our Future with Wendy Lewis – Do you wonder what new cosmetic and anti-aging options we could have in the near future?
In this episode, I’m joined by an expert in cosmetic medicine who travels to plastic surgery conferences and meetings around the world. She’s seen the newest trends overseas, and is going to give us the scoop on what the future holds for anti-aging treatments here in the United States. This includes the newest alternatives to Botox, advances in filler treatments, exciting updates in non-invasive fat reduction, and experimental breast implants that are making waves overseas.
If you’ve ever wanted to look into a crystal ball for plastic surgery, then this episode is for you.
Episode #114 – All About Facial Fillers with Dr. Roy Kim – Each year hundreds of thousands of people have their lines erased, their cheeks inflated, and their lips plumped using injectable fillers.
But with all the different fillers that are available, how can you ensure that you get a natural-looking result and not end up with a Hollywood “pillow face”?
On this episode, I’m joined by one of San Francisco’s most prominent plastic surgeons. He’ll reveal which fillers he uses for which wrinkles, how to avoid getting botched, and much more. If you’ve ever considered being treated with injectable fillers but didn’t know where to start, then this is the place.
Tagged with: 2019, 2019 Holistic Plastic Surgery Predictions, Cosmetic Treatments, detroit, Dr. Anthony Youn, Dr. Roy Kim, dr. youn, fillers, Happy New Year, Holistic Health, Michigan, Organic Skin Care, plastic surgery, Podcast, Wendy Lewis
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News