Five Tips To Get The Best Skin Ever
- Posted on: Aug 24 2017
Have you been to Sephora or Macy’s lately? There are literally hundreds of skin care products that promise to smooth wrinkles, tighten skin, and lighten dark spots. But how is one to know which products to buy? Although I can’t answer that in one short email, here are five tips to help you get started.
1. The most scientifically proven anti-aging cream is a retinoid – Retinoids can come in prescription-strength (tretinoin, aka Retin-A) or over-the-counter strength (retinol). Hands down, these are the best anti-aging creams for your skin. The only problem with these products is that they can be irritating for the first month or two. So, if you have dry, thin, or sensitive skin start with a weaker retinol, then work your way up.
2. Save money on cleansers – Ideally, pick a cleanser that makes your skin feel clean and slightly tight. You don’t have to buy an expensive cleanser from a high end skin care company. A simple, inexpensive cleanser like Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser could work just fine.Find it HERE on Amazon.
3. Try sheet masks – The Koreans are onto something here! Sheet masks are all the rage in South Korea, and are a great way to powerfully moisturize and soothe your skin after a long day. Just place one of these on your face at night and feel your skin softening and hydrating within minutes. Here is ONE to try.
4. Put a band-aid over a pimple overnight – Acne is an inflammatory condition with many potential causes. However, simply putting a band aid over a pimple overnight can reduce inflammation markedly, causing it shrink and look less red. Combine this with a blemish-remover like ZO Aknebright Acne Spot Treatment can make it almost disappear overnight!
5. Check out the Think Dirty app – Our government does a poor job in regulating the ingredients in skin care products. Hundreds of potentially harmful ingredients banned in Europe are legal here in the States. This iPhone app can be downloaded for free and allows you to scan a product’s UPC code to find out whether it has carcinogens, hormone disrupters, or other harmful ingredients. Download it HERE.
Tagged with: Beauty Tips, Dr. Anthony Youn, Holistic Health, plastic surgery, Skincare, Skincare Tips
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News