Secrets of Plastic Surgeons!
- Posted on: Sep 24 2021
Plastic surgeons have their dirty little secrets, and this week I’m going to share some of them with you! Here are my top five dirty little secrets plastic surgeons don’t want you to know.
5. Your doctor may not do all your suturing. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Many plastic surgeons employ the use of highly skilled physician assistants (PA’s) to help them suture, especially in long cases with lots of incisions like breast reductions. It reduces the time the patient is under anesthesia, thereby reducing risks and complications. Good plastic surgeons always ensure the final result is just as good, if not better, than had they done it all themselves.
4. You can save money if you don’t use lasers. Although lasers are absolutely necessary to treat some issues (like unwanted vessels, redness, and scars), sometimes other, less expensive treatments can do a similar job. For example, chemical peels are very cost-effective options to rejuvenate and exfoliate the skin without the added cost of using a laser.
3. Lunchtime facelifts and threadlifts don’t work. Don’t believe the hype. I made a video on YouTube explaining this. You can watch it by clicking HERE.
2. Fillers can make your nose fall off. If a filler is accidentally injected into an artery, it can clog up the blood supply and result in tissue death. It’s very rare, but a real occurrence. For this reason, my team always takes the appropriate steps to prevent complications like this from happening. I outline it all on a recent YouTube video, which you can watch by clicking HERE.
1. If all else fails… leeches! Yes, most large hospitals actually have leeches on hand in case things go awry. They can act as temporary attachable “veins” to remove deoxygenated blood from body parts with poor blood supply. I wrote about this in my first book, “In Stitches.” Gross but effective!
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #256 – Ask the Holistic Plastic Surgeon with Dr. Anthony Youn – You’ve got questions! I’ve got answers!
On this podcast I’m going to answer your questions about plastic surgery, skin care, and much more.
What can you do about hooded eyes? What is the best way to tighten the skin of your tummy? What is a good, simple skin care routine? And how old AM I?
I’m going to answer these burning questions and a whole lot more on this week’s podcast!
Episode #255 – K Beauty and the Ideal Skin Care Routine with Dr. Joyce Park – South Korea has become well-known as the mecca of all-things beauty and skin care. Sheet masks, essences, twenty step skin care routines – these are all hallmarks of K Beauty. But is following the principles of K Beauty really the best thing for you and your skin?
This week I’m joined by a prominent dermatologist to get to the bottom of K Beauty – which parts are good, which should be skipped, and which have revolutionized skin care as we know it. She will also share with us a very simple skin care routine that everyone can follow for healthy, youthful skin.
If you’re looking for beautiful skin and have wondered whether K Beauty may hold the answers for you, this is the podcast episode to listen to.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News