This winter let’s stay healthy together!
- Posted on: Jan 15 2018
It’s that time of year again! So many of us are sporting runny noses, coughs, fevers, and more. So what can you do to prevent getting sick this winter? Here are some simple holistic tips to help you stay healthy and avoid getting ill:
1. Take a daily probiotic – Several studies, including one from the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, have concluded that taking a daily probiotic can lower your risk of respiratory and gastrointestinal infections. Studies also show that taking a probiotic may shorten the duration of a respiratory illness.
2. Take a Vitamin D supplement – Here in Michigan, the sun seems to go into hibernation like the squirrels. Even in the summer, so many of us are deficient in Vitamin D that a daily supplement of this immune supporting nutrient can be beneficial. Here is one I recommend that you can purchase on Amazon, at the perfect dose: click HERE.
3. Wash your hands – Plain soap and water is overall best for the microbiome of your skin, but it can be drying. Therefore, occasionally using hand sanitizer may help to prevent dry, cracked, scaly hands. Just keep in mind that hand sanitizer isn’t “poop worthy!”
4. Get plenty of sleep – This is the time our body rejuvenates and recharges itself. Allow your body the time it needs to do this.
5. Consider Elberberry Syrup – My good friend, naturopathic physician Dr. Jolene Brighten, recommends this as a great way to support your immune system. For adults, 1-2 tablespoons twice daily (kids is ½-1 tsp twice daily). You can find this in most health food stores or you can grab it on her website HERE.
Here’s to keeping healthy and warm this winter!
Here is what we’ve posted the past few days on our social media accounts: before-and-after videos of facelifts and corrective breast implant surgery, a live demonstration of a Botox treatment to reverse a “permafrown,” a lip enhancement, and a ton more.
If you haven’t seen our daily videos you are missing out on the fun! Please follow me on Facebook by clicking HERE or Instagram by clicking HERE to see videos from the OR and the office each day!
Here are the latest episodes of my new podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #67– End Your Emotional Eating with Tricia Nelson– Are you stuck in a pattern of binge eating followed by guilt? Do you have a constant obsession about food? Maybe you find yourself going from diet to diet, with your weight yo-yo’ing up and down? If this describes you, you are not alone. One of the big reasons why 98% of diets fail is because of emotional eating- eating excessive amounts of food to deal with unwanted emotions.
On this episode, we’ll get to the bottom of what it is, why so many people have it, and what you can do about it. If you find yourself on the treadmill of going from diet to diet, then this episode just might change your life.
Listen HERE with Apple devices or HERE with Android phones.
Tagged with: Avoid Sickness, Elderberry Syrup, Holistic Health, Probiotic, Tips to Avoid Getting Sick, Vitamin D Supplement
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News