Dirty Little Secrets
- Posted on: Jan 8 2020
Plastic surgeons have their dirty little secrets, and this week I’m going to share some of them with you! Here are my top five dirty little secrets plastic surgeons don’t want you to know.
5. Your doctor may not do all your suturing. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Many plastic surgeons employ the use of highly skilled physician assistants (PA’s) to help them suture, especially in long cases with lots of incisions like breast reductions. It reduces the time the patient is under anesthesia, thereby reducing risks and complications. Good plastic surgeons always ensure the final result is just as good, if not better, than had they done it all themselves.
4. You can save money if you don’t use lasers. Although lasers are absolutely necessary to treat some issues (like unwanted vessels, redness, and scars), sometimes other, less expensive treatments can do a similar job. For example, chemical peels are very cost-effective options to rejuvenate and exfoliate the skin without the added cost of using a laser.
3. Lunchtime facelifts and threadlifts don’t work. Don’t believe the hype. I made a video on YouTube explaining this. You can watch it by clicking HERE.
2. Fillers can make your nose fall off. If a filler is accidentally injected into an artery, it can clog up the blood supply and result in tissue death. It’s very rare, but a real occurence. For this reason, my team always takes the appropriate steps to prevent complications like this from happening. I outline it all on a recent YouTube video, which you can watch by clicking HERE.
1. If all else fails… leeches! Yes, most large hospitals actually have leeches on hand in case things go awry. They can act as temporary attachable “veins” to remove deoxygenated blood from body parts with poor blood supply. I wrote about this in my first book, “In Stitches.” Gross but effective!
Want a Flatter Abdomen in 2020? Combine Emsculpt with Sculpsure!
Emsculpt is the newest non-invasive treatment at YPS. One thirty minute session is comparable to performing 20,000 crunches! Studies show it tightens the separation between abdominal muscles, called a diastasis recti, by 11%, with results lasting over 6-12 months or longer. It also increases muscle size by 15% and reduces fat by 19%!
For a limited time, at YPS we are offering a FREE Sculpsure treatment ($1000 value) with the purchase of an Emsculpt package. This way you can combine muscle tightening with permanent fat reduction for a flatter tummy! All without surgery, needles, or downtime! Please call (248) 273-7700 to schedule a FREE consultation to see if these treatments are right for you.
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #171 – Intermittent Fasting – How to Lose Weight and Feel Great with Cynthia Thurlow – Have you tried intermittent fasting?
Also known as time restricted eating, this method of limiting the hours in which you eat has helped millions of Americans to lose weight, improve their brain function, and even de-age their bodies. But how should one do this, and exactly what benefits can you achieve?
On this episode we’re going to dive deep into intermittent fasting. I’m joined by an expert in all types of fasting, and she teaches her patients and followers that intermittent fasting is a great option to improve your health and give yourself the body you’ve always wanted. This is especially true for women in their 30s, 40s, and beyond.
To learn more, listen HERE with Apple devices or HERE with Android phones.
Episode #170 – National Plastic Surgery Trends and Controversies with Carolyn Hsu – Plastic surgery is a rapidly changing field. Today’s popular cosmetic treatment could be tomorrow’s afterthought. So what’s trending in the field today, and what appears to be on its way downhill?
On this episode, I’m joined by the head of content at Realself.com, the most popular cosmetic surgery website in the country. We’re going to break down what’s hot and what’s not, and reveal why these treatments may or may not be worth your money. We’ll discuss such treatments as Jeuveau, microblading, fractional lasers, microneedling, mini facelifts, breast implants and breast implant illness, and more.
If you’re interested in putting your finger on the pulse of plastic surgery and cosmetic treatments, this episode is for you.
Listen HERE on Apple devices or HERE on Android.
Tagged with: Carolyn Hsu, Cynthia Thurlow, detroit, Dr. Anthony Youn, dr. youn, Emsculpt, Holistic Health, Michigan, plastic surgeon, plastic surgery, Podcast
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News