Five Plastic Surgery Secrets You Need To Know
- Posted on: Jul 27 2017
I hope you’re enjoying your summer! I’ve compiled a number of plastic surgery secrets that I think you will find fascinating. These secrets may be hard to believe, but they’re true! Here they are…
1. Fat can get thicker after Coolsculpting – One of the reasons why I don’t offer Coolsculpting at YOUN Plastic Surgery (YPS) is because of a very tiny risk of fat actually getting thicker, not thinner, after Coolsculpting. I decided to add Sculpsure to my practice instead. Sculpsure takes only 25 minutes (compared to 60 minutes with Coolsculpting) and can treat up to four small areas at a time! If you’re interested in Sculpsure, click HERE to view my comprehensive online pre-consultation.
2. Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) has the highest mortality rate of all cosmetic surgeries – Recent surveys have found that the death rate after BBL is much higher than doctors and patients have previously realized. This is likely due to the accidental injection of fat into large blood vessels in the buttocks. Studies are being conducted presently to confirm this and determine how to prevent it.
3. Filler injections can make you go blind – This is an extremely rare complication, but the accidental injection of a filler into a blood vessel can cause major problems, ranging from scarring to blindness. In order to prevent this, I and my injector specialists at YPS routinely use a cannula for injecting filler. Although there is no way to 100% prevent the injection of a filler into a blood vessel, using a cannula can substantially reduce the risk.
4. The bigger the ad, the worse the doctor – Have you seen ads for cosmetic surgeons in your local glossy magazines? In the Metro Detroit area, our most popular one, HOUR Magazine, is filled with ads for plastic and cosmetic doctors. The ads tout the doctors as being the most requested and reputable plastic surgeons, but the truth is, some of these are the worst doctors in the area. Good plastic surgeons typically rely on word-of-mouth to get patients and don’t have to spend upwards of $7000 to buy an ad each month. Buyer beware!
5. Implants can make your breasts sag – Contrary to popular opinion, breast implants will not prevent you from needing a bra. In fact, implants will make your breasts larger and heavier, causing them to gradually droop more quickly as you age! For this reason, I recommend my patients choose the smallest breast implant size they are certain will make them happy. This will help prevent premature drooping over the years.
Tagged with: Brazilian butt lift, breast implants, Coolsculpting, Filler Injections, plastic surgery, Plastic Surgery Treatments
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News