Safe Alternatives to Dangerous Cosmetic Treatments
- Posted on: Nov 5 2019
There are a number of dangerous cosmetic procedures and treatments today. The good news is that there are safer options! This week I’ve compiled safer alternatives to potentially dangerous cosmetic procedures.
1. Breast augmentation with textured breast implants – Textured breast implants have been associated with a very rare type of cancer of the scar tissue surrounding them – BIA- ALCL (Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma). To date, every single confirmed case of BIA-ALCL has been associated with a textured breast implant. So if you are considering breast augmentation, I only recommend and use smooth walled implants.
2. Threadlifts – This trendy procedure was invented approximately 25 years ago, determined not to work, and subsequently abandoned. Now it is rearing its ugly head once again. Studies are showing this procedure still doesn’t work, yet doctors are recommending it as a minimally-invasive alternative to a facelift. If you are thinking about a threadlift, do yourself a favor and don’t bother. A real lower facelift is still the only truly effective way to lift the lower face and neck.
3. Rejuvenation of the private parts – This is a rapidly growing field within plastic surgery and cosmetic gynecology. There are a lot of invasive procedures being performed, but where we’ve made real advances is in non-invasive treatments like Vivieve and ThermiVa. If you are interested in improving how things work “down there” including reducing urinary incontinence, check out devices like these before considering anything invasive.
4. Radiesse, Bellafill, and other non-hyaluronic acid (HA) injectable fillers – I only recommend hyaluronic acid-based fillers in my practice (other than Sculptra). This is because I believe non-HA fillers are not as safe as HA fillers like Restylane and Juvederm.
5. Buttock enhancement – Until recently, the only truly effective options to enhance the buttocks (other than squats) was via buttock fat grafting (aka Brazilian Butt Lift- BBL) or buttock implants. Unfortunately, the BBL has proven to be the most dangerous plastic surgery being performed today, and buttock implants have a high rate of infection and malposition. Today we have a much better, safer option: Emsculpt. This completely non-invasive treatment utilizes electromagnetic energy to stimulate the gluteal muscles to contract 20,000 times in one 30 minute session. After four sessions, studies show the gluteal muscles can become 15% larger. Results appear to last six months or more. And best of all, it’s completely safe! We have recently begun offering MAJOR Emsculpt specials at YOUN Plastic Surgery in Metro Detroit, so please call (248) 273-7700 for your FREE Emsculpt consultation and to learn what awesome specials we are offering for those who try it! These specials are offered for a limited time only.
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #161– What You Need to Know About Naturopathic Medicine with Dr. Heather Paulson – For decades, conventional physicians and health care providers have dismissed naturopathic doctors and the work that they do. But how much do medical practitioners and the general public really know about the benefits of naturopathic medicine? Not very much.
So on this episode, I’ve asked one of the nation’s more prominent naturopathic doctors to join me and reveal to you the basics of naturopathic medicine. We’ll discuss exactly what is naturopathy, what type of training naturopathic doctors undergo, how naturopathic medicine can play a role in a true integrative medical model, and even address the controversies that exist with the practice of naturopathic medicine today.
To learn more, listen HERE with Apple devices or HERE with Android phones.
Episode #160 – The Hottest Controversies in Plastic Surgery with Dr. Anthony Youn – There are definitely several hot button topics in plastic surgery today. These controversial issues divide plastic surgeons from each other and even pit patient against doctor.
On this episode, I dive deep into the hottest controversies in plastic surgery. Having just returned from the annual meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, where the debate occasionally became quite heated, I’m ready to dish it out and reveal what I think about such controversial topics as Breast Implant Illness, BIA-ALCL (Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma), the serious dangers of the Brazilian Butt Lift, the long term effects of abdominal etching, teens watching plastic surgery on Instagram, and more.
Listen HERE on Apple devices or HERE on Android.
Tagged with: BBL, Cosmetic Treatments, detroit, Dr. Anthony Youn, dr. youn, Emsculpt, fillers, Holistic Health, Holistic Plastic Surgery, plastic surgery, Podcast, Textured Breast Implants, Threadlifts
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News