Because Your Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste…
- Posted on: Oct 3 2019
I hope you are having a good week!
I recently met up with an old friend who’s begun to suffer the effects of memory loss. It was quite concerning. So I thought this week I’d share with you some tips on improving your brain and preventing memory loss. Although dementia is scary, the good news is that Alzheimer’s and dementia aren’t controlled only by our genes. YOU have the ability to prevent and slow down memory loss!
Here are some tips:
1. Eat These Foods Every Day: Green leafy vegetables and other vegetables (except potatoes), fatty cold water fish, extra-virgin olive oil, nuts, berries and cherries, dark chocolate, coffee (without added sugar and cream) and green tea, red wine (just one glass at dinner!), herbs and spices, beans, and fermented foods.
2. Avoid These Foods: Trans fats, sugar and refined carbs, and sugar substitutes. Research has shown a HUGE correlation between cognitive decline/dementia and insulin resistance.
3. Consider These Supplements: Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, mixed folates, fish oil, probiotics.
4. Exercise: Doing a wide variety of exercises (including weights) is best if you can. Walking is great, but if you can add some strength training, that’s even better.
5. Take Time to De-Stress : This can be as simple as taking a walk in nature, getting more sleep, deep prayer and/or meditation, yoga, and just plain old having fun.
6. Challenge Your Brain: Learn new things! The phenomenon called neuroplasticity is what occurs when the neurons in your brain create new connections when you do and learn new things. This is great for your noggin and proven to help prevent cognitive decline. Work on crossword puzzles, try a new hobby, read books, and travel to new places. All of these are great for your brain!
Thank you to my friend Dr. Steven Masley for these tips!
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #157 – State-of-the-Art Treatments for Thinning Hair with Dr. Alan Bauman – Thinning hair affects millions of Americans, both men and women. Rogaine, Propecia, hair transplants, PRP, laser treatments – there are so many options to treat thinning hair, but how do you pick which one to do?
On this episode, I’m joined by the nation’s top expert in treating thinning hair. He’s made it his life mission to help millions of people to get the luscious locks they’ve always wanted. We discuss a wide variety of topics, ranging from the effects of stress reduction and nutritional supplements on thinning hair, how to get the best results from PRP treatments, when hair transplant is your best option, where stem cells fit into all of this, and a whole lot more.
If you or someone you love is dealing with unwanted thinning hair and you’re looking for real solutions without the BS, then this episode is for you.
To learn more, listen HERE with Apple devices or HERE with Android phones.
Episode #156 – Women’s Hormones 101: How to Feel Your Best…All The Time with Dr. Shawn Tassone – Women’s hormones are a very complex topic. Although they impact your sleep, your body shape, your energy levels, and even how your brain functions, traditional medicine hasn’t always been the best at helping women to balance their hormones effectively.
Have you been told by a doctor that your hormone levels are fine, even though you decidedly don’t feel fine? You may wonder why it is over the last several years you’ve gained weight even though your lifestyle and diet haven’t changed? Or maybe you’re lying awake at night, even though you’ve never had problems sleeping before?
On today’s episode I’m joined by America’s Holistic Gynecologist Dr. Shawn Tassone. He’s going to help us get to the bottom of whether hormones might be an issue for you and what you can do about it. He’s also going to share with us a simple quiz that you can take online that will help diagnose your hormone imbalance in mere minutes.
Listen HERE on Apple devices or HERE on Android.
Tagged with: cosmetic surgery, De-Stress, Dr. Alan Bauman, Dr. Anthony Youn, Dr. Shawn Tassone, dr. youn, Holistic, Holistic Health, Hormone Balance, Live Better, plastic surgery, Podcast, Thinning Hair Solutions, Youn Plastic Surgery
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News