Botox can do what? Surprising facts about this popular treatment
- Posted on: Aug 20 2021
Botox injections are the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world. While I’m sure you know that Botox is great for smoothing wrinkles, you might not know that it can do a WHOLE lot more. Here are some other fascinating things Botox can do:
1. Narrow a wide jaw – This treatment originated in Asia and is super popular in South Korea, where my ancestors are from. Many Asians (and a lot of Caucasians) find that their jaw looks too wide due to overgrowth of the masseter muscle. This can be due to genetics, grinding teeth at night, or even by chewing a lot of gum. Botox is a great treatment to weaken the muscle and cause it to atrophy, or get smaller. This can result in a narrower looking jawline and thinner-appearing face.
2. Minimize a gummy smile – Do you show a lot of your gums when you smile? If so, then a couple small injections of Botox near your nose may be able to lower your upper lip to prevent it from rising so much and creating the gummy smile appearance.
3. Turn a frown upside down – B****y Resting Face? A lot of us (including me) suffer from a grumpy looking mouth when our faces are at rest. One simple treatment for this is injecting just a few units of Botox into the Depressor Anguli Oris (DAO) muscle to prevent the muscle from pulling the corners of your mouth down. This simple injection can really work!
4. Smooth bunny lines – These are the tiny lines at the top of your nose that appear when you squint your eyes. A little Botox can easily smooth them out.
5. Improve Your Mood – Yes, studies have shown that Botox injections can improve your mood. Is this because you’re so happy with the results? Or maybe that you can’t frown very easily? Or a combination of both? We don’t know for sure, but it is the truth!
6. Scrotox – Yes, this is a real thing. I don’t perform it, but some docs in Los Angeles are advertising Botox injections into the scrotum to make it look smoother and less wrinkly. Are guys really concerned about this?!?! I suppose they must be, but I know I’m not!
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #251 – How to Supercharge Your Fertility Using the Primester Protocol with Dr. Cleopatra Kamperveen – Infertility is on the rise around the world, with so many couples having trouble becoming pregnant. Although technology has helped with procedures such as IVF and IUI, there is a lot more that you and your partner can do to conceive the baby of your dreams.
My guest this week is an expert in fertility and has helped tens of thousands of women in over 23 countries on six continents to become pregnant, and in some cases when all hope had been lost. Her approach centers around the “primester,” or the 120 days prior to conception.
On this episode we discuss how her Primester Protocol works to create the superbaby of your dreams.
Episode #250 – The Top Five Cosmetic Treatments with Dr. Anthony Youn – What are the top five cosmetic treatments that I recommend you consider?
Not everyone wants surgery, nor should everyone have it done. But what else can you do to reduce wrinkles, smooth your skin, get rid of age spots, melt away unwanted fat, and more?
I have the answers for you on this podcast!
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News