Five Simple Recommendations to Look Younger
- Posted on: Dec 4 2019
We all want to look as young as we feel. So here are five simple rules to help you get there!
1. Exfoliate. If you have normal skin, you should ideally exfoliate 2-3 times per week. If you have sensitive skin, once a week is usually sufficient. There are many ways to exfoliate. The two most common are a Clarisonic-type brush (like this one on Amazon) and a gentle natural scrub, like my YOUN Beauty Advanced Exfoliating Cream. Check it out HERE.
2. Eat the rainbow. Ingesting enough antioxidants are key to looking young. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, a major source of premature aging. The antioxidants are actually the pigments in fruits and vegetables, so the more colors you eat, the bigger the variety of antioxidants and the better for you!
3. Wear sunscreen – SPF 30 or greater. I’m sure you know this, but here are a couple tips you may not be aware of: Two common ingredients in sunscreen, oxybenzone and octinoxate, are considered hormone disruptors and may mimic various hormones in the body. I recommend you stay clear of them whenever possible. They also have harmful effects on the coral reef. I recommend this one by ZO Skin Health for the face.
4. Drop soda. Soda pop is the worst drink for your skin. In fact, studies show that the adverse effects of drinking soda on telomere length (which determines how long you live) are similar to that of smoking! If you love soda pop, try to drink it as a rare treat, not as a daily option. Sorry, but diet soda pop, filled with chemicals and even potential carcinogens, is no better.
5. Have more sex. A study from the University of California San Francisco revealed that women who had sex at least once a week had longer telomere length than women who had sex less often. Further, a British study found subjects with an active sex life looked 5-7 years younger than subjects who didn’t have an active sex life. Is this reason enough to go under the sheets? Yes!
Are you or someone you love suffering from chronic pain?
As you know, opioid abuse is endemic in our nation, with far too many people relying on these harmful medications to ease their pain. There is a better option! A good friend of mine, Dr. TK Huynh, developed an opioid-free pain relief cream that uses all natural ingredients and bioenergetic technology to instantly relieve pain. It was recently put to the test on The Doctors and passed with flying colors! Please click the video image below to watch it on The Doctors.
At YPS we are offering this pain relief cream to all our surgical patients to help reduce their need for pain pills. If you are interested in the Mind Body Matrix pain cream, please go to https://mindbodymatrix.com/. For every cream you buy, Dr. TK will send one to a veteran who is suffering from chronic pain.
Although I receive affiliate commissions from some of the products I share with you, that is not the case here. I’m sharing this product with you solely because I believe in it and Dr. TK’s mission to help vets and others who are dealing with chronic pain. If this applies to you, I hope you will consider checking out the Mind Body Matrix pain relief cream.
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #166– Lasers 101: How to Pick the Right Treatment for You with Dr. Anthony Youn – The term “laser” is a buzzword in plastic surgery and medicine in general. Many doctors are promoting the use of lasers as better options than other, more traditional therapies. And they charge you a lot more for it as well. But are all laser treatments worth spending the extra money on? And if so, which ones?
On this episode I’m going to teach you everything you need to know about cosmetic laser treatments to make you an informed consumer. We’ll go over how they work, the economics of laser treatments, and which lasers I recommend and which ones I encourage you to stay away from. If you’ve ever considered laser treatments to rejuvenate your skin, remove your hair, get rid of tattoos, lighten dark spots, and more, then I’m giving you the information that you absolutely must know.
Episode #165 – How to Use Essential Oils to Reduce Stress and Improve Sleep with Jodi Cohen – Problems with sleep and stress are endemic in the United States. Each year, millions of Americans use unnatural aids, such as sedatives and narcotics, to help soothe their nerves and fall asleep. This has led to an overdependence on pharmacology to rest our brains.
There is a better way. On this episode, I’m joined by an expert in the therapeutic effects of essential oils. A nutritional therapist and award-winning journalist, she’s developed ground-breaking blends that have been shown to stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system to naturally reduce stress and improve sleep. We discuss how to choose the right essential oil and blends for you, why diffusing oils while you sleep may not be a good idea, how and why your pets are affected by your oils, which four oils an essential oil novice should start with, and much more.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News