The Latest News in Plastic Surgery and Cosmetic Medicine
- Posted on: Aug 8 2019
There has been a lot of news in plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine recently. Here are some things that you really need to know!
1. The FDA has issued a recall of Allergan Biocell textured (Style 410 and 468) breast implants. These implants have been determined to have a higher risk of ALCL (anaplastic large cell lymphoma) compared to textured implants from Mentor and Sientra. Although Allergan is no longer selling these implants, the FDA does not necessarily recommend that women who have these implants should have them removed. This does not apply to the vast majority of my patients, as I have routinely used smooth implants without any known risk of ALCL. I will share more information with you as I receive it.
2. Allergan received FDA clearance for their new muscle thickening device, CoolTone. This is a direct competitor to the original muscle enhancing and fat reducing device, Emsculpt. Currently at YPS we are testing out Emsculpt. It’s a very interesting treatment which we are excited about! We will definitely let you know when we will begin offering it! We have no plans to offer or test CoolTone at this time.
3. I recently published a study in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal titled, “What is the Ideal Instagram Filter?” Juno was deemed the “most flattering” filter and Reyes was determined to be the “most youthful” filter. If you get a chance, try them out and see for yourself!
4. The Differences Between Botox and Newtox (Jeuveau) – At YPS we’ve been testing and comparing the effects of Botox versus its new competitor Jeuveau (nicknamed Newtox). It appears so far that Jeuveau has a quicker onset of action and does not come with the initial headache that Botox can sometimes create. But does it last as long? Time will tell!
Please click the image above to watch the official “Playing God” video trailer!
“Playing God” hits stores Tuesday, September 17th, but if you pre-order today, I will send you five FREE gifts:
- A $26 coupon to my online store. This pays for the book itself!
- An autographed Plant-an-Herb bookmark which grows into either basil, chives, or parsley (see image below!)
- YOUN Beauty Natural Lip Balm with spf 15.
- Early access to read the prologue and first chapter of “Playing God.”
- Entry into a special drawing to win a gift basket filled with skin care products and a brand new iPad Mini! Value = $1500!
Thank you so much for pre-ordering “Playing God.” This book means so much to me, and each book sold can make a big difference in its success.
To pre-order the book and receive your five FREE gifts, please click HERE to purchase the book on Amazon or HERE to purchase the book at Barnes & Noble online.
Then, once you’ve pre-ordered, click HEREto go to the official “Playing God” page on my website for information on how to obtain your free gifts.
Please email us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you for all of your support! It really means a lot to me.
Here are the latest episodes of my podcast, The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show. Please SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss a single information-packed show!
Episode #149 – The Hottest Cosmetic Treatments in Beverly Hills with Dr. Sheila Nazarian – Beverly Hills is the epicenter of beauty and plastic surgery. It’s no surprise that many of the new plastic surgery treatments and products get their start in the L.A. area.
So on this episode, I’m joined by one of the top cosmetic plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills. She’s going to share with us some of the hottest cosmetic treatments in her practice, including buccal fat removal, the Gold Tip Facial, Bodytite, the WOW Shot, Cliovana, and more.
If you’re interested in cutting edge plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine, then this episode is for you.
To learn more, listen HERE with Apple devices or HERE with Android phones.
Episode #148 – Exposing the Underbelly of Plastic Surgery with Dr. Adam Rubinstein – Illegal silicone buttock injections performed in hotel rooms. Cosmetic clinics owned by ex-felons. Doctors masquerading as plastic surgeons. Physicians performing procedures way outside their expertise…with disastrous consequences.
There is an underbelly of plastic surgery that is quite ugly and dangerous. It seems every week there is a new tragic story of someone dying from a cosmetic procedure. So what’s going on, and how can you prevent yourself from getting botched?
On this episode, I’m joined by one of the nation’s leading plastic surgeons who is working to uncover the truth about unscrupulous doctors and clinics. He has become the go-to source of revealing the salacious truth about some of the most prominent cosmetic doctors. It’s gotten him harassed, threatened and even sued.
Listen HERE on Apple devices or HERE on Android.
Tagged with: alcl, Allergan, botox, breast implants, CoolTone, cosmetic surgery, Cosmetic Treatments, Dr. Adam Rubinstein, Dr. Anthony Youn, Dr. Sheila Nazarian, dr. youn, jeuveau, memoir, plastic surgery, Playing God, Playing God Book, Textured Breast Implants
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News