Here’s the truth about FAT!
- Posted on: Jun 17 2022
I’d love to share with you the skinny on FAT. Fat in your diet isn’t necessarily bad for you. In fact, certain fats are good for your health AND your skin. There are five types of fat, and here are my opinions on each of them:
1. Monounsaturated Fats – GOOD – present in almonds, avocado, hazelnuts, sesame seeds, almond butter and olive oil. These fats are anti-inflammatory and slow down the aging process. Eat these fats to improve your appearance and your health!
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acids – GOOD – present in wild-caught, cold water fish like salmon, grass fed beef, walnuts, chia, and flaxseed. These are great for your skin and your heart!
3. Omega-6 Fatty Acids – BAD – present in processed foods, vegetable oils (corn oil, soybean oil, safflower oil), and factory-farmed beef and fish. These fats are pro-inflammatory and bad for you. It’s best to avoid eating the foods that contain them.
4. Trans Fats – BAD – present in fried fast food, factory-made baked goods, and commercial frosting. We all know that these industrially modified plant oils are bad for us. Avoid them all at costs!
5. Saturated Fats – PROBABLY BAD – Studies are showing that saturated fats in our diet may not be as bad for us as we previously thought. In the setting of a low carb, high omega-3 diet, saturated fats may not significantly contribute to heart disease. However, when saturated fats are added to the standard American diet (high in carbs and low in omega-3’s), then saturated fats are inflammatory and should be limited.
One last tip regarding fat:
Ideally you want to increase the amount of omega-3 fats you eat and limit the amount of omega-6 fats you consume. One way to do this, if you are a meat eater, is to source your meat. Grass fed beef and butter (Kerrygold is a good brand) and wild caught fish have much better and healthier fats than standard, corn-fed beef and farmed fish. They cost a bit more, but they are much better for your health and skin!
Do you want better skin? I’ve got just the thing to help!
The YOUN Health Supplemental Collagen powder enhances the health and appearance of the skin, as well as supports joint and bone health!
It can be easily mixed into smoothies, shakes, coffee, and other foods and drinks. It has no taste, but packs a big anti-aging punch. I prefer to mix mine with into my coffee and smoothies!
Shop HERE for a single jar, or shop HERE for a 2-pack!
Note: This product contains animal-based collagen and is not suitable for vegans
Have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel?
Did you know I upload new content to my main YouTube channel each week? It’s true!
What would possess someone to eat her husband’s cremated ashes? Or become addicted to drinking liters of blood EVERY day? In this video, I’m reacting to the four most BIZARRE eating addictions from MY STRANGE ADDICTION! What is number one? Find out!
Make sure to subscribe to my channel HERE, and check out the full video HERE!
Tagged with: collagen, cosmetic surgeon, detroit, Dr. Anthony Youn, dr. youn, fat, health, Holistic Health, Michigan, Omega 3, plastic surgeon, Saturated Fats, Supplemental Collagen, Trans Fats, YouTube
Posted in: Plastic Surgery News